sweet anticipation

Ditulis oleh: -

Each year, as Halloween candy begins to appear in stores, I find myself inexplicably drawn to mellocreme.  Little orange pumpkins.  Yellow ears of corn.  Assorted witches.  And the ubiquitous candy corn.  I can't resist it.  I eagerly welcome it's arrival every September; it's the first candy I buy.  I fill a bag at Bulk Barn and hurry home with my treasure, sampling one or two or ten pieces along the way.




The reason for this is unclear.  I suspect it may have something to do with the vibrant fall colours.  Or its annual role as a harbinger of Halloween.  It certainly isn't the taste.  Bland, flavourless, and overly sweet.  And as quickly as my excitement arises at that first sight of Halloween mellocreme, it vanishes again. Those one or two or ten pieces, and I'm fine until the following September.

Then there's nothing left to do but find recipes to use up the unwanted excess.  Candy corn cookies, anyone?  How about a pumpkin patch cake?