take no prisoners

Ditulis oleh: -
I'm still not sure where they came from. Maybe they were attracted by one of my fall-flowering perennials. Or maybe they have a nest under my veranda. Wherever they came from, they simply refused to leave. They harassed me incessantly yesterday as I attempted to set up some props in the yard.

It was time for decisive and ruthless action.

Most times, I tolerate insects. Sometimes, I even like them. But when they come between me and Halloween . . . well, the choice is clear.



This early casualty fell on my front step. Beside the pumpkins, appropriately enough. Where I hoped his carcass might serve as a warning to his brethren. Much like the head-on-a-stick intimidation tactic of the Middle Ages. Unfortunately, the others didn't seem to comprehend the message.

Insects have no common sense.