. . . and then there were six

Ditulis oleh: -
(Can of pureed pumpkin for sizing purposes only. Not intended for intimidation of surrounding pumpkins.)


The final harvest has taken place and in the end I find myself with a grand total of six pumpkins. Instead of my earlier, more optimistic prediction of eight.

One pumpkin tragically rotted on the vine. Just when it seemed to be doing so well and on its way to becoming the largest of the crop. I blame insects. Or perhaps sabotage by the second largest pumpkin.

I coped with the loss and resigned myself to seven pumpkins. And then the six year-old across the street offered me a dollar for one of them. How could I refuse? And no, I didn't take the dollar.

So now there are six. And considering that last year, there were none, I'm calling this a successful season.