evil has a new face

Ditulis oleh: -

While wandering around my neighbourhood this year, I've noticed something. There are far fewer giant Halloween inflatables. There's no denying it. Their numbers are on the decline. Sharply. Fewer giant inflatable pumpkins. Fewer huge grinning ghosts. Fewer big plastic black cats.

But even as I rejoiced in their absence, I noticed something else . . .

This decrease in giant inflatables is in inverse proportion to an insidious proliferation of smiling happy scarecrows. Suddenly, these creatures are everywhere. And I suspect they are not nearly as friendly as their faces might suggest.

Sure, it began innocently enough. Just a lone scarecrow peeking out unobtrusively from behind a shrub.



Or reclining quietly and non-threateningly on a doorstep.



Even playing the victim on occasion.




But suddenly, their numbers grew. They gathered in groups.




Until they finally stepped from the shadows and corners to dominate entire front yard displays. Still smiling. Always "friendly". Maybe too friendly.




Giant inflatables vanishing. "Friendly" scarecrows appearing. Coincidence? I think not.