Dill's atlantic dwarf

Ditulis oleh: -


This monument to Howard Dill, The Pumpkin King, stands in his hometown of Windsor, Nova Scotia. Dill's farm, near Windsor, was home to his record-setting pumpkins and spawned a line of pumpkin seeds, appropriately named Dill's Atlantic Giant.



So naturally, this past spring, while planning my new and improved pumpkin patch, I decided that Dill's Atlantic Giant would be among the varieties I planted. His farm, after all, is located only an hour's drive from my front yard. What worked for him should work for me.

And work they did. My Dill's Atlantic Giant seeds yielded numerous plants. Strong vines. Large, bright yellow flowers. And eventually, several pumpkins. Overall, a success.

I would, however, make one minor recommendation to the seed people. I would recommend changing the name of these seeds. Because based upon my experience, a more fitting moniker might be Dill's Atlantic Dwarf. Just a suggestion.