I'm a winner

Ditulis oleh: -

I was surprised and intrigued to open my mailbox and see there, amongst the bills and pizza coupons, a small square box wrapped in brown paper. So naturally, I hurried home and tore it open.




And there inside I discovered a votive holder and four Dark Candles from fellow blogger, PumpkinBrain. I cast my mind back. Back to a month ago when I casually entered his blog giveaway. Never dreaming that I would actually win. I never win anything.



As the aromas drifted upward from the open box, I examined each candle in turn and inhaled deeply: Haunted House, Bonfire, Autumn Harvest, Dark Carnival. I have heard of Dark Candles many times before but have never ordered any. After all, I reasoned, I can purchase scented candles at any one of a number of shops close to home. Why bother with on-line ordering?




How naïve I've been. These are no ordinary scented candles. Choosing a favourite from among the four was incredibly difficult. In the end, I opted to begin with Dark Carnival.


And now I'm addicted. Thanks, PumpkinBrain.