a good idea . . . in theory

Ditulis oleh: -


Earlier this week I picked up what will likely be my last of this season's Halloween themed magazines. Unless Martha delivers something truly wonderful in her October issue. I buy Country Living only once a year. (Okay, maybe twice. I have a weakness for Christmas magazines as well.) And I invariably find a couple of ideas or recipes that I'm anxious to try.

This time, it was the "witch silhouette" cupcakes that caught my eye. They seem easy enough. Bake some cupcakes and add icing. I can do that. Then . . . paint stamps with food colouring and apply to fondant circles, filling in any missed spots with a paint brush. It sounds simple. But knowing myself as I do, I have no doubt in my mind that, as hard as I might try, my cupcakes would in no way resemble these.


Mine would undoubtedly be more along the lines of "blob silhouettes". Which might be an interesting variation on the theme.