deterioration

Ditulis oleh: -




I think I'm breaking down. Literally. Physically.

The eyes were the first to go. My bi-focals progressive lenses arrive next week. Then there's the recurring pain that starts in my jaw and radiates up and around my left eye, down into my neck and over into my ear. My dentist sent me to an endodontist who informed me that I have a dead worn tooth, complete with abscess and infection. The extraction is scheduled for later this week. And then there's my toe; a supposed sprain that, rather than healing, is becoming increasingly painful. X-rays are pending. I've spent more time in various doctors' waiting rooms in the past five weeks than in the entire five years before that.

Fortunately, that time hasn't been wasted. I've spent a portion of it thinking about the progress of my Halloween tree and attempting to develop a detailed vision of its final form. As usual, I've started this project without a clear idea of how it will end or exactly how I will get there. I typically just start working and let the prop be my guide. With varying results.

But the time spent in waiting rooms has got me thinking. About size. And weight. And number. And materials. And wind and rain. And I've made some choices. Now all that remains is to see if they actually work.