snow

Ditulis oleh: -


The storm had been predicted for nearly a week. It was coming, they said. And it was huge. I sat devotedly in front of the Weather Network, my senses attuned to every update. Every change in wind direction. Every fluctuation in the jet stream. I watched the news reports from Washington. New York. Boston. Record-breaking snowfall. Stranded motorists. Chaos. And it was moving up the coast. I rushed out gleefully in advance of the first snowflakes to stock up on essentials. Milk. Bread. Eggnog. Whiskey. I pulled out some classic Christmas movies. I was ready.

And yes, there was snow. And wind. And for a few brief hours, it might even have been called a snowstorm. And then, it was gone. Leaving in its wake a thin layer of white, increasing temperatures, and the promise of rain.

I feel cheated.

But I did get to enjoy a holiday classic. One that has become a yearly tradition. Xmas Story is not a movie. Rather it is a Christmas episode of Futurama. But a classic Christmas episode of Futurama nonetheless.



Who could not love the robot Santa of the future. With his bright red suit and his exacting standards. Jack Skellington would have met his match in this guy.