it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Ditulis oleh: -
Unlike many Halloween enthusiasts, I do not despise Christmas. Quite the contrary. I love Christmas. All of it. The music. The lights. The fruitcake. The wrapping paper. The mincemeat . . .

And for me, one of the highlights of the early part of the season is attending a local Christmas craft show. Admittedly, a large part of the attraction involves free food samples. Many of the same exhibitors return year after year and I "relish" the opportunity to "jam" myself into their booths and "dip" into their offerings.

But now on with the story . . .

Last Saturday, I arrived early and lined up beside the giant inflatable Santa with dozens of others. Once inside, I ambled through the aisles, en route to purchase my seasonal supply of cranberry mincemeat. Then something caught my eye. Something reminiscent of a past season. There between the handmade Christmas tree ornaments and the red-and-green place mats, I noticed a new exhibitor selling cards. Like this one:



So of course, I bought one. Christmas can always use a little extra creepiness.