nocturne

Ditulis oleh: -


It's good to see Halifax following the lead of other cities and devoting a night to a free city-wide art event.




Last Saturday, galleries, businesses and public spaces played host to a night of exhibits, temporary installations and performances.







Not all night, however. Only until midnight. But that's okay. I need my sleep.


I almost froze to death on the harbour ferry, en route to see the community-built Bluenose Ghosts sculptures. I anticipated these being a highlight of the evening. And they were.







But if I had to choose a favourite, it would be Resurrection. A temporary installation which paid homage to a recently-demolished heritage building by re-creating its ghostly facade on fabric. Behind the facade, inside the building's former space, now an abandoned lot, was a luggage graveyard. Each suitcase representing a business from the city's past.




Creepy and historical. Two of my favourite things.