countdown to halloween: cookies!

Ditulis oleh: -
So after a weekend of prop enhancement and yard set up, I'm settling in for a Sunday evening of Halloween Countdown blog reading and pumpkin chai drinking. When someone says to me, "I just found out I have to bring snacks tomorrow; the theme is Halloween."

Luckily, I  a) was in a good mood,  b) had candy corn on hand, and c) recalled a super-quick cookie recipe.

Otherwise, the evening might not have ended well.

Chocolate Candy Corn Cookies 

1/2c butter, very soft
1/2 c sugar
1 large egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/4 c regular unsweetened cocoa

About 36 candy corns

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment. Beat/stir the butter and sugar with a wooden spoon until combined. Stir in the egg yolk, baking powder, and salt. Add flour & cocoa, and mix until a dough forms. Scoop out level teaspoons of dough. Roll into balls. Place balls on baking sheets, 2 inches apart. (It looks like too little dough for each cookie, but it works.) Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are firm and cookies are dry to the touch, 10 minutes. Remove from oven; gently press a candy corn into center of each cookie. Eat.




I kept four for myself. As payment.