countdown to halloween: cheesecake dreams

Ditulis oleh: -
My Halloween is not truly complete until I have baked (and eaten) at least one pumpkin cheesecake. My cheesecake thoughts turn to pumpkin early in October. When pumpkin-based delicacies start appearing in cafes and bake shops.






And before the month draws to a close, I have made my own. With the promise of more than just one slice. On the contrary, as a cheesecake lover surrounded by people largely indifferent to cheesecake, I can count on an excess of decadence.  Pumpkin cheesecake for dessert. Pumpkin cheesecake for breakfast. Pumpkin cheesecake for snacks . . .

But then it appeared that someone else has taken an interest in my pumpkin cheesecake.





His interest was short-lived. When I offered him a taste, he just sniffed it and walked away.  I tried not to take it personally.