costume-less

Ditulis oleh: -
So in the aftermath of Halloween, another Hal-Con has come and gone.  Initially, I was thrilled that they had to move the date of the second annual sci-fi/comic convention in my city to November of this year.  Last year, it had fallen on the same weekend as Halloween.  It almost killed me.  Afterwards, I recall thinking, "In 2011, at least it will be in November.  Nearly two full weeks following Halloween to put the finishing touches on my costumes."   As it turned out, the exact same lack-of-time-combined-with-poor-organizational-skills that resulted in a scaled down Halloween display this year also resulted in no new costume for Hal-Con.  With the exception of the masquerade dance, to which we wore last year's costumes, I attended Hal-Con 2011 dressed as . . . myself: victim of poor planning.  It was still a hugely fun weekend, however.  Especially when I got to encounter creatures like this.




And there's always 2012 to look forward to.  Which sees it move back to October.  Maybe I'll start working on my costume right now.  Maybe . . .