exploded pumpkin

Ditulis oleh: -


So on the warmest day of the year thus far, I opened my mailbox and there inside lay a copy of a favourite spring planting catalogue. Coincidence? I think not.

I was leafing through the catalogue, as you do. Deciding whether to order something. Thinking about what new plants I'd like to try this year. Even though I had promised myself that, having a small yard, I would first divide and re-arrange current plants before making any new purchases. But who was I kidding? Of course I'm going to buy something new. Probably several "somethings".

Anyway, I was leafing through the catalogue. Looking longingly at old favourites and new additions. When suddenly, my gaze fell upon the words, "Exploded Pumpkin". My first thought was that it doesn't look much like an exploded pumpkin. Not with all that pink inside. But perhaps the photograph doesn't do it justice. Perhaps I would need to see it in person. And then I began to reflect upon how stunning it would look in front of my black elderberry shrub. If only I could get that thing to thrive . . .

Finally, I arrived at the words, "Buy $50 worth and receive $25 off". Well. How can I ignore a deal like that? I think I hear an order form calling to me . . .