pumpkin planning

Ditulis oleh: -

So I'm walking through the department store en route to the cat food, and while passing the newly stocked garden department, I can't fail to notice a large rack of seed packets. Then, while perusing said seed packets, my eyes fall upon a particularly large one.





With a name like "E Z Gro Monster", how can I resist?

I'm in the midst of contemplating a new location for my pumpkin patch this year. It will have to remain in the front of the house. This seems to be the only part of my yard that receives enough sunlight. But I'm hesitant about repeating last year's experiment and planting pumpkins in the front yard. The grasping vines made mowing the grass all but impossible by mid-summer. And while that provided a nice, atmospheric effect in October, it wasn't quite so attractive in July and August.

So this year, the pumpkin patch will remain in front, but closer to the house. I think I'll make another attempt at growing pumpkins vertically. This time with better support. The veranda railings might work nicely . . .