FCBD

Ditulis oleh: -
Another Free Comic Book Day has come and gone and a visit to the three comic book shops closest to home has provided me with enough four-colour reading material for the remainder of the weekend. However, my favourite find of the day was not free. Although it did come at a nice FCBD discount.

I was at the check-out counter of my last stop of the day: Monster Comic Lounge. When from a shelf behind the clerk, at the bottom of a pile of random books, something caught my eye. A large hardcover book with a photo of Archie on the spine. As a childhood fan of Archie comics and a current fan of vintage comics and comic book history, I had seen this book at another shop and had coveted it. So the decision was obvious. I quickly discarded the Marvel superhero origins book and chose Archie.

It was the right decision. I can now revel in Archie's history dating back to the character's first appearance in 1941. Including a countdown of the Top Ten classic monster covers.







The Creature looks quite comfortable in Veronica's pool.