too little, too late

Ditulis oleh: -



So I'm down at Sobeys, replenishing my supply of Santa's Milk and Cookies ice cream. When I notice something in the freezer beside said ice cream. Something orange. Upon closer inspection, I discover, there next to Santa's Milk and Cookies, heretofore unseen containers of Praline Pumpkin Pie ice cream. Many, many, many containers of Praline Pumpkin Pie ice cream.

Was this ice cream available in my grocery store in October? No it was not. Nor was it available in any previous October. In fact, the perpetual lack of pumpkin and/or Halloween themed delicacies has been a lament of mine for many years. But despite the poor timing of the product's arrival, I immediately purchased some. How could I not? Pralines. Pumpkin pie. What's not to love?

What's not to love? This ice cream, that's what. Pasty. Bland. Thoroughly unappetizing. It's continued presence in my freezer speaks volumes. And this, in a family that routinely devours 2 litre containers of ice cream in under 48 hours. It seems poor timing is not the only problem here. Pumpkin Pie Praline could learn some serious lessons from Santa's Milk and Cookies.